#SuperFoods: The Stress Free Smoothie
Ultimate Stress Reducer Smoothie
When stress kicks in for the smallest duties that we have to complete, we often indulge in the sweetest and unhealthiest snacks to numb us down for a few seconds. After the few seconds of euphoria, you start feeling guilty about what you have eaten. Now you have more stress because you think you’re getting fat! Before I can proceed to showing you the healthiest and tastiest cravings-reducer smoothie, I would advise you to take a deep breath, inhale and exhale. Do not inhale within 6 inches distance or less of a cupcake or sweet treat. You are bound to be tempted and repeat the cycle of shame! Now lets begin!
- -2 tblsps of cocoa bean powder
- -half of an avocado
- -1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- -1 cup of blueberries or raspberries
- -honey to taste
- -4 cubes of ice
Put it all in the blender and enjoy you smoothie, guilt-free!
- The avocado is rich in potassium and mono saturated fats and B vitamins (B6 and folate) that easily reduce your stress.
- almonds are packed with magnesium which helps lower stress. They’re also rich in fiber which keeps your blood sugar levels and healthy fats on point causing a boost in your mood!
- cacao powder-You can’t get any purer than having your cacao seeds grinder by hand to make the powder. Cacao is rich in antioxidants that lower stress. There’s no other stress-reducer in the world of foods like the cacao.
- blueberries are full of antioxidants that combat the effects of stress on your body. They are also bursting with Vitamin C which is what your body needs in times of stress or panic
Hope you enjoy!