The entrepreneur’s 10 commandments
I agree with what Mark Cuban often says, “Sales Cure All” or “Sales Solve All Problems.”
Invest in growth! Cut costs in different areas of the business but don’t cut growth.
Investing in growth starts with you. Growth is sales and sales are growth. Lead by example. Know sales backwards and forwards. Know the sales challenges and celebrate sales victories. Be a fearless sales person as a CEO. As a CEO, you may need to focus on many areas, but you must keep your eyes on the sales team and sales process. Celebrating sales victories is a must!
1. Stop trying to make money or run after money. Running after means… its run away from you. Walk, head high, and provide value. Growth will follow!
2. Purpose is the reason for having objectives. Define and write your purpose.
3. Invest in sales tools. Sales tools will get the best out of you and your team and drive high ROI.
- I witness trade-show exhibitors paying $5,000 to $50,000 for an exhibition booth and say no to a $100 a year Gobiggi Connect App that collects the booth visitors’ information and builds a client database. They have the EETI syndrome: Exhibitor Exhibition of True Insanity!
4. Master the art of the sale and develop a process. Understand the sales cycle. Explore with systems to shorten the sales cycle time. Time is the only true commodity we lose.
Long ago, the internet user was unknown to the vendor. As the internet matured, organizations wanted to know the king behind the screen and change the face of the online sale and communication. That leads us to an era I called:
Know who open and click on your email. Don’t wait, know immediately. Know who visit your website. Collect reviews and know what clients say about you. Just know
The entrepreneur’s 10 commandments
1. Communicate with clients, old and new. 2 minutes after you are done, while the details are still fresh, send them an email.
2. Get instant notification when your email is opened or a link clicked. You will KNOW the sincerity of your prospect. If they clicked on one of the links you attached, you will know their interest. In your next communication, 24 to 48 hours later, you will talk about their interest. It works like a charm in 73% of the cases. (I use Gobiggi Connect Mobil app for that.)
3. Hire the best talents. You OWE this to the businesses. Investing in the right people is the best investment you will make.
4. Before creating a to-do list, create a don’t-do list. There’s a list of things you shouldn’t be doing. Delegate or outsource, instead. Most entrepreneurs don’t do the things they like to do! They do the things that must be done.
5. Start and finish the hard tasks first. These are most likely the most important tasks to do.
6. Learn relentlessly. Knowing is the key to success. Sending an important email without Knowing if was opened or clicked is like going to a restaurant and not eating. This is what 83% of sales people do 94% of the day. Make “knowing” your organization your hobby.
7. Solve someone’s problem. Most likely, many others have the same problem. Now you can tell more people about your ability to solve a problem.
8. Network smart and sell smarter. Network events are great if they are done properly.
- Open Gobiggi connect (download from your app store) Type your introduction email
- After talking to a person, insert his name, email address and some notes to Gobiggi Connect A Contact page and click
- Your contact will receive your email introduction instantly including all your information.
- Your prospect’s information will be saved in your dashboard.
- You will receive instant notification when your email is opened and a link clicked. That is smart networking. Now – Master the follow-up.
9. Spend time with other owners. Businesses tend to have similar problems and solutions.
10. Rest physically and mentally. Take care of yourself. You need to have breaks to perform at your best.